Thursday, June 02, 2005

InfoTrac and the Man with No Pants

Error spotting is the pleasure of many a librarian.
I was reminded of one of my favorites (below) from a 1999
e-mail list-serv posting I made on the Web4Lib group that now shows up when you search "dan ream" in Google.



As I posted then.....

This was the first match to my rap music and violen* keyword search.
Most other INFOTRAC citations to that same issue of Rolling Stone
magazine contain this same photo.

--Dan Ream
Virginia Commonwealth University Library
Richmond, Virginia

P.S. And to those who asked--no, I didn't notify INFOTRAC.
I knew they'd surely kill it and it was just too much fun as it is/was.
Analogies to the "let's dissect the alien" motif of 1950s sci-fi movies are
welcome ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home